Lake Maggiore with helicopter flight
Get ready to flight over Lake Maggiore with our unique scenic helicopter ride, taking in islands, valleys and mountains. One of the most incredible experiences in Italy, without a doubt!
Start Your breath taking adventure from Stresa. You will fist stop to admire the Colossus of San Carlo Borromeo, which is built on a hill overlooking Maggiore Lake. You can climb inside the statue and take a dizzying hike up a set of metal stairs which lead into the saint’s head. Here people can peer out of the saint’s eyes and ears and admire the enchanting panorama.
Take a stroll through the elegant town of Stresa considered the queen of Lake Maggiore thanks to its panoramic position at the foot of Mount Mottarone and to its elegant villas, gardens and flowered lakeside promenade with enchanting views of the Borromean Islands.
Take the scenic helicopter ride to have a bird’s eye view over the sumptuous mansions and palaces lining the shores of Lake Maggiore, as well as the Borromean Islands, the world-known Gardens of Villa Taranto, “jewels” of botany, the peaceful village of Cannero with its ancient castles and Cannobio, an enchanting town close to the border between Italy and Switzerland.
Enjoy a cruise excursion to reach the wonderful Sanctuary of Santa Caterina, which is a monastic complex of three buildings dating back to the XIII-XIV, set on a rocky cliff overlooking the lake. The stunning position of the Hermitage makes the trip worthwhile!
Then continue towards the most important and characteristic places on Maggiore Lake, the Borromean Islands. You will first enjoy a short crossing to the breathtaking Isola Bella, which is one of the world’s beautiful island. Explore its 17th-Century Baroque Palazzo Borromeo, surrounded by scenographic gardens. Then stroll along the charming promenade of the tiny Isola dei Pescatori, and admire the lush vegetation on Isola Madre, noted for its botanical garden.
Have yourself a Shopping Spree and stroll through the boutiques of Stresa city centre or of the near town of Arona.
The rate includes
- 4 Overnights in 4 star hotel in standard room on bed & breakfast basis;
- Welcome rich aperitif at the Sky Bar of the La Palma Hotel;
- Entrance ticket to the Colossus of San Carlo;
- Helicopter flight (15 minutes);
- Visit of the gardens of Villa Taranto;
- Private boat excursion to Santa Caterina del Sasso and Borromean Islands;
- Entrance tickets to palaces and gardens of Bella and Madre Islands;
- Assistant on 2nd and 3rd days;
- Private transfers as in the program.
The rate does not include
- City tax to be paid on spot;
- Single supplement (€ 230);
- Tips to driver and guides;
- Lunches and dinners;
- All items not specified in the chapter “the rate include”.
Day 1: Stresa
Day 2: Stresa - Helicopter Experience - Cannero - Cannobio
Day 3: Santa Caterina Sanctuary - Borromean Islands
Day 4: Stresa
Day 5: Departure