Venice and Wine Tour in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Wine is among the biggest pleasures in life, as Strauss the music composer even composed a waltz about it (Wine, women and Song), and You will see it for Yourself as soon as You will arrive in Italy’s most North-Eastern region. For wine lovers and gourmet travelers, Friuli Venezia Giulia offers beautiful vineyard scenery, lovely historic towns and villages, and top-ranking, world-class wine products. A fascinating and unique tour allows You to experience Friuli wine region, famous for its myriad of small, high quality family-run vineyards and diverse production of local grape varietals.
Your journey begins with a stroll through the vineyard estate of Vistorta, a stunning village dating back to the 13th century, owned by the Brandolini D’Adda family since 1780. Cannot be missed the visit of the cellars with tasting of the pure Merlot, one of the greatest Italian red wines. Next stop is the picturesque medieval town of Sacile, known as the “Garden of the Serenissima” because of its Venice-like atmosphere. You will then spend time around the charming town of Spilimbergo, which was awarded as the “Jewel of Italy”. It is known mainly for being the mosaic art capital of Friuli Venezia Giulia region, with a school that is a unique point of reference throughout the world. Worth noting are the Castle and the Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore, one of the most important Gothic buildings in Friuli region with an 16th century organ and important frescoes of the 14th century.
Surrounded by the gentle rolling hills of Friuli, the town of San Daniele del Friuli is known all over the world for the sweet and refined taste of the ham it has been producing for centuries. The tour features the visit of the historical ham factory “La Casa del Prosciutto”, the oldest prosciuttificio of the town with tasting of its typical ham products. The route leads to the elegant town of Udine, with its squares of Venetian charm, ancient buildings and colorful palaces: discover the Duomo (Cathedral) with its wonderful frescoes, Piazza Libertà, defined as “the most beautiful Venetian square on the mainland”, and enjoy the panorama from the walls of the castle which rises on a hill overlooking the town.
Take a relaxing drive to the hills around the city of Nimis, the area of Friuli where the unique tannic sweet wine Ramandolo is produced. You will have a tour and tasting at the winery Dri Roncat. It makes a good stop on a tour of the area Cividale del Friuli, a small but picturesque town rich in art and history. Enjoy Your stay in Capriva at the Spessa Castle Resort: the only remains of the ancient fortress, built in the 13th century, are some charming cellars carved in the rock that are worth the visit (with wine tastings).
Discover Gorizia, a town located at the eastern edge of the Veneto-Friuli region, on the border with Slovenia. It is famous for its charming atmospheres and a castle overlooking magical hill settings. Stop in Ronchi dei Legionari to have lunch in the beautiful Tenuta di Blasig and taste its excellent Malvasia wine.
Conclude Your journey in the magical city of Venice. You can stroll along the narrow streets flanked by canals and colored houses, sail over the Grand Canal to admire the splendor of the palaces or depart on a relaxing excursion by motorboat to discover the three famous islands of the Venetian Lagoon: first stop at a glass-blowing factory on Murano, then continue with a relaxing walk in Burano, where traditional lacemaking workshops are scattered among the island’s brightly colored homes; last stop in Torcello, the “cradle” of Venetian civilization where to visit the Byzantine Cathedral.
The rate includes
- 6 Overnights in 4 star hotels/country houses on bed & breakfast basis;
- 1 lunch & 2 dinners, drinks included;
- Minibus 16 seats for private transfers and coach service as in the program;
- Private motorboat for transfers in Venice as in the program;
- Assistant during the whole tour;
- Visit of the winery “Vistorta” and wine tasting (3 wines);
- Visit of the ham factory “La Casa del Prosciutto” and tasting;
- Private Udine city tour (3 hours) with an English speaking guide;
- Visit of the winery “Dri Roncat” and wine tasting (3 wines);
- Visit of the wine cellars of the “Spessa Castle” and wine tasting (2 wines);
- Private Gorizia city tour (3 hours) with an English speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets to the Gorizia Castle;
- Visit of the winery “Tenuta di Blasig”;
- Private Venice walking city tour (2 hours) with an English speaking guide;
- Private tour of the lagoon islands (4 hours) with an English speaking guide;
- Driver’s accommodation and meals;
- Assistant’s accommodation and meals.
The rate does not include
- Hotel city taxes to be paid on spot;
- Single supplement (€ 300 per person);
- Tips to driver, assistant and guides;
- Lunches and dinners not mentioned in the program ;
- Coach ZTL taxes & parking;
- All items not specified in the chapter “the rate include”.
Day 1: Venice - Sacile - Fiume Veneto
Day 2: Fiume Veneto - Spilimbergo - San Daniele - Udine
Day 3: Udine - Nimis - Cividale - Capriva
Day 4: Capriva - Gorizia - Venice
Day 5: Venice
Day 6: Venice
Day 7: Departure